Trails and Town Owned properties are open! Please read thoroughly:
- We ask that you use common sense when visiting our natural spaces. Appropriate social distancing is necessary to keep you and all others safe. Keep --- 6 FEET--- from others while enjoying outdoor spaces.
- Travel and walk/hike with only those that currently live in your household. "Meeting up" with others is not safe and discouraged at this time (unless you are sure you can stay 6 feet away from friends/family that don't live with you).
- Always have a Plan B! If the parking lot is full, chances are that the trail is full as well. Do not park along the roadway or block parking areas this causes congestion and unsafe conditions for motorists, pedestrians and emergency vehicles.
- Dogs must be on a leash. Dog pots with waste bags are provided. Please use them and clean up after your dog. Take the bags with you to throw away.
- *4/30/20: ALL DOGS at Mitchell Field MUST be on leash at ALL TIMES (except if they are in the water swimming at the beach).
- All properties are carry in/carry out. Take your trash with you to dispose of properly.
- Stay close to home! Traveling to recreational areas that are further than your local neighborhood increases the potential to spread illness to others.
- **THERE ARE NO PUBLIC RESTROOMS AT ANY OF OUR TRAILS OR PUBLIC SPACES. Please plan accordingly.**
Harpswell has many beautiful trails and open spaces, most of them are on or near water and allow water access.
The Harpswell Guide is a comprehensive guide that includes trail maps, information about beaches, boat launches, historic landmarks and more. The Harpswell Guide was conceived by the Recreation and Town Lands Committees and was created in cooperation with Harpswell Heritage Land Trust.