We are working remotely from home (along with our kids), so please give us 24 hours to respond to you by phone or email.
Trails and Town Owned properties are open!
- We ask that you use common sense when visiting our natural spaces. Appropriate social distancing is necessary to keep you and all others safe. Keep --- 6 FEET--- from others while enjoying outdoor spaces.
- Travel and walk/hike with only those that currently live in your household. "Meeting up" with others is not safe and discouraged at this time (unless you are sure you can stay 6 feet away from friends/family that don't live with you).
- Always have a Plan B! If the parking lot is full, chances are that the trail is full as well. Do not park along the roadway this causes congestion and unsafe conditions for motorists, pedestrians and emergency vehicles.
- Dogs must be under control by voice or on a leash. On Saturdays, Sundays and during high use times we ask that your dog be leashed at all times. Also, dog pots with waste bags are provided. Please use them and clean up after your dog. Take the bags with you to throw away.
- All properties are carry in/carry out. Take your trash with you to dispose of properly.
- Stay close to home! Traveling to recreational areas that are further than your local neighborhood increases the potential to spread illness to others.
Spring programs are on hold indefinitely. We are still planning for summer programs. Of course, all this is subject to change as events are still unfolding and things are changing weekly.
Baseball & Softball: We are in communication with the Ararat Cal Ripken Baseball and Babe Ruth Softball Boards and keeping an eye on the National League updates.
We will keep families that are registered for our program updated as we get new information. We are holding out hope that we will still be able to play - even if it's later in the season.
Harriers XC Running: I have not received an update from Coastal Running League at this time. I will email registered participants and post on the program page when I have an update.
LTP Tennis & Pickleball: This program will most likely not run this spring. There are no refunds for this program as it was a FREE registration.
If you have registered for a spring program and would like a refund please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, child's name, and program you registered for. If we end up canceling programs you will be notified and automatically receive a refund.
These are challenging times and new information is always being brought to us. We are doing our best to keep up with changes and will send out weekly updates on Fridays throughout the duration of this global "time out".
Thank you and stay healthy!
~ Gina Perow, Recreation Director
~ Kayla Matthews, Programs Assistant
Town of Harpswell